I rode C (Chessy is her nickname) again, and I really really enjoyed the ride. I don't know if it was the magical helmet and its fancy powers or what, but this was the first lesson that I truly felt like I connected with what T was saying. We did circles, shoulder in, leg yields, flying lead changes and extended trots across the diagonal (I can't remember what that's called - lengthening strides???). Usually, T has to slow me down so that she can explain something to me, but this time the lesson was fluid. I did fairly well with my aids and I was able to go from one thing to the next without stopping. It was cool, and I really can't wait until my next lesson, which is.....in........2....weeeeeeekkkkkksss....bah!
This upcoming weekend I will be camping. Unfortunately, I also have a birthday this weekend. It's my birthday, which is even worse. I will be 31 - thirty one!?!? I seriously still feel like an 18 year old in my head. I can't understand how 31 came so fast; one moment I was crying about turning 25, and now look at me! I'm still not over turning 25, and I'm 31. I need more time to get used to this aging thing - it's horrifying! Anyway, the weekend after this, I have a bachelorette party up north, so not much horse time on my agenda this month.

Bobby and I - I was 24 here - GASP - where has the time gone?
In other horse news though, both Bobby and Sid have left J's for a time being. They are both at a Jr. Rider's house where they are being ridden regularly. I've spoken about the Jr. rider before, but she has high hopes to take Bobby to Nationals this year, in Oklahoma. Very exciting! I made sure to give Bobby a big old smooch before I left the barn on Sunday evening. I don't know when I'll see him next and I'll miss him. Sid just needs the mileage - he's a good boy, and I know it will be good for him to be with Mar, the Jr. Rider. J says that both will be back at her place in the Fall (so long as they're not sold in the meantime). I love that old Bobby horse, but I am so thrilled that he is being used and put to work like he needs to be! I truly hope he finds himself a nice young girl to spend his days with.
7 comments:
I'm happy you had such a great ride! Those are always nice once in a while =] AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! ^.^ Enjoy your camping trip!
Happy Birthday!
i will be turning 25 this year... and throwing a funeral-- not a party.
Your lesson sounds wonderful. Congrats
Happy Birthday!
i will be turning 25 this year... and throwing a funeral-- not a party.
Your lesson sounds wonderful. Congrats
Happy Birthday to you!! 31 isn't that bad! I always thought that when I turned 30 it would be terrible, but now that I will be turning 37 in a couple weeks, oh goodness! Only 3 years from 40! Can it really be? I actually can barely remember how old I am when people ask! Must be a sign of old age!
That is so great that your lesson went so well! It is always a plus when that happens!! :)
LOL..I thought turning 31 hurt more than 30...sorry, but now at 33, I love it! :) Have FUN up north too..it's supposed to be amazing weather. xo
Happy Birthday! The 30s are great - enjoy them!
Beautiful pictures of beautiful horses. Happy Birthday to you, you are still a baby, how'd you like to be 43??? Let me tell ya, you don't bounce very much at 43 when you hit the ground..lol. Are you going to nationals this year too?? The big 16.1 gelding I am riding has been shown at the world show many times and in 2003 was the Res champ in IBHA at Congress. He is an awesome horse, he former owner retired after showing for over 40 years and I bought him. I am so proud of him, he is my first REAL horse as I call him. I have to learn all his push buttons like she could do. I stayed as long as I could and worked with her, but she lived in Minnesota. ZIP is gonna think he is spending the winter in Florida or something as our winters are nothing compared to Minnesota. I teased my husband this morning and told him that he probably would not even grow long hair. I will probably keep him under lights so he won't. I love hearing about your dressage lessons, that sounds so fancy and such. I won't tell you how this little country bumpkin use to pronounce that word as a young gitl. Wasn't a word I'd ever heard before, whats a girl to do. lol.
Hope you have a wonderfull birthday and have a blast at the B party.
shanda
Post a Comment