Anyway, Brian (AKA B), Madigan the dog, and I (along with Brian's very pregnant sister and her husband), spent 3 whole days in St. Louis. Imagine my glee, we even went to a FAIR (not the World's Fair, though). We actually spent the holiday with my in-laws who temporarily live down there, and also own a home in Michigan and, eh ......it's a long story. Anyway, I've posted a photo log of our exciting adventures - I'd love it if you followed along!
DAY 1:
Everybody spent the day swimming in the in-laws pool - nice, as it was HOT and Steamy in St. Louie. Afterwards we spent some time in one of my favorite cities ever, St. Charles. I just love St. Charles. It's very quaint yet stylish (there's some fun nightlife there). It's right alongside the Missouri river, and just a really nice place to visit! We had lunch there in a restaurant called Quintessential - YUMMY! After lunch, we shopped around a bit then headed for home for some pool time.
Later that evening we went to a Cardinal's game. Even though I'm a true blue Tigers fan, I had fun watching the beloved Cards beat the Brewers! Before the game, the US Army Paratroopers 'chuted down into the stadium, that was kind of patriotic and befitting of the holiday weekend. It was cool! See the pics below. We also got a suveneir as we entered the stadium. Umbrella hats called Brock a brellas - I was super ecstatic about that, but I'm not posting the picture of me in it.


DAY 2:
The next morning, I coerced Brian to take me to the St. Louis Botanical Gardens. Even though I had been there the previous year, I liked it so much that I really wanted to go again. Everyone else stayed home and stuck close to the pool, because it was HOT and HUMID! Unfortunately, Brian's dad let him take his Porsche - YIKES! Sure, it's fun to sit and even drive around in this car, but Brian likes to accelerate quickly and drive all crazy like. Nobody under the age of 45 should be allowed to drive cars like that, that's all I'm sayin' 'bout that! I spent much of that drive clenching the door handle and trying not to scream. I much prefer "natural" horsepower to artificial!

The darned red car - Ugh! It's an awesome car and really fun, but it freaks me out on the highway!

This statue is pretty funny - this is one rubbery looking lady....she's skinny and fat - very bizarre (and I liked it).

The Botanical gardens are so cool. They are huge and have just about everything, from Chinese gardens to English hedge mazes. I love this pool - don't stare directly at my pasty legs though...yikes!


After the gardens, we hit the pool with our hot dog, Madigan!
DAY 3:
On our final day, Brian and I (everyone else stayed at the pool) went to the zoo.

The Penguin house was my favorite exhibit. It is wonderfully cold in there and best of all, you can literally get so close to the penguins that you can touch them (not sure if that's actually allowed), but there's no real wall to prevent someone from reaching over and petting. This Penguin was a foot away from me, just floating like a lazy loaf. He'd look up at me, then turn slowly and shake his nubby little tail feathers at me. Then he'd spin around and do it again - so cute, I was very tempted to give him a squeeze, but of course, resisted!
Like Stephen Colbert, I'm no fan of Bear; however I felt sorry for this big Grizzly bear. He paced back and forth in his corner and was, I'm certain, hot as heck!


Brian cooling off with his pop - he had on his crabby pants at this point, but I took his picture anyway. Ain't he cute? LOL - he was a really REALLY good sport about taking me site seeing.

My parting shot. I wanted a picture of the both of us together, but I'm too shy to ask strangers to take our picture, so this is what we did. Can you tell I'm trying to look skinny? Arms slightly out and legs lifted! I know the tricks, now I just have to make it look less obvious.
Our last evening was spent in St. Charles at the 4th of July festival. All I am going to say about this festival is that there were A LOT of Mt. Dew drinkin' folk there. You can take that how you want to. The fireworks were splendid though; I enjoyed that part immensely!

I'm really excited for this upcoming weekend. I am going to have a lot of horse time, so finally something exciting to be blogging about :).



No comments:
Post a Comment