
This is very obviously not a snaffle mouth bit. It is, in fact, a Spade Bit. Though it looks like a torture device, I don't know enough about Spades to fully judge. Not only that, but I've never actually seen a spade for sale in a tack shop nor do I know of anyone who uses one. Please click the link above to read more about this fascinating bit and where it originates from, it's pretty interesting!

Look at it! Isn't it amazing? I've never seen a bit like it. I do have a bit fetish anyway, I could become a bit hoarder, really. I love the detailed, sterling silver bits the most - yum! I could just hang them in my house, I guess I'm like a bird, or a gypsy, or Hoggle from the movie Labyrinth. Remember him? He loved sparkly things.

Yikes, maybe I'm not Hoggle.

Anyway, I like bits. Here is a picture of the mouth piece of the same spade bit. Kind of scary to look at, but learn more about them before judging, please.
On another note, here's proof that I did actually win money for my costume contest.

Just after I won the money, I folded the envelope carefully and stuck it in my purse. Over the course of the evening I reached into my purse several times for money and or to whip out my camera for pictures. At some point, the envelope containing the money must have fallen out of my flimsy purse. I spent much of the night crawling around a very crowded bar looking for the envelope, but alas, found nothing. The only consolations I have are that 1. I didn't have that money to begin with and 2. maybe whoever found it, needed that money more than I did...I hope that's what happened, anyway. Behind me are friends, Kerri, Lisa and the 7 months pregnant, Susan. Can you tell which one is Susan? (P.S. Susan did not drink and there's a no smoking law in Michigan bars :)
3 comments:
the same thing happened to a friend of mine, he own some money, stuck it in his pocket and by the end of the night it was gone.
Spade bits or Cathedral bits are crazy! However that bit you got is super cool, not sure if I'd use it, but it wold be cool to roll in to the show ring with it!
I was going to comment on how funny that bit was, then about how much I LOOOOOVED labrinth as a kid, and then I got sidetracked by the awesome outfit, lol!!!!!!! LOVE it all :)
That bit is art. I'd never put it in a horse's mouth, but it's art.
Post a Comment