Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year/ Videos

I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year!

I had a good one, a quiet beginning and then I finished off the night dancing at a bar just down the road from my house...good times! I should note the I wasn't dancing as in stripping, just dancing to the DJ with some friends, you know, good ole' fashioned dancing...ummm...yeah...you know what I mean.

Anyhoo....I haven't had much going on in the horse front. I've been getting to the barn about once a week, but this darned bitter cold has kept me from riding. When it warms up a bit, I'll be back in that saddle though.

My barn time consists of just quality time in the presence of horses, and you know? That's enough for me right now. I turn a few stall bound horses out, bring some outdoor horses in for the night...feed, water, hay, grain, sweep and that's that.

I guess since I have nothing exciting to post, I'll just post a video or two. I admit that I know nothing...NADA, about reining, but I think love this Morgan Stallion. Albeit, the video is older, but I think this little horse proves just how versatile the Morgan horse is. They're not just prancy, hot saddle seat horses...oh no they're not ;).



Notice how fast this horse is on those rundowns (is that what they're called)? Isn't he fast? He is, right? I think so anyway. I don't really know what an excellent rollback looks like either, but his look good to me. Also, the spins. This horse spins fast, but do I know if they're proper like? Not really. Doesn't one hind leg need to remain planted? At a few points, both of the hind legs seem to flip around a bit, but overall - I think he is just plain awesome!

The next video is part 2 of a Western Dressage Clinic held at the Morgan Grand National Horse Show. Western Dressage isn't something I know anything about, really, either. But, I do think it's fascinating to watch and also, something to learn. I'm pretty sure it's applying Dressage principles to western riding, which I don't think is a new concept, but just something that seems to be coming up at more and more Morgan shows as a show ring class. I love watching this pretty horse! I must note that I have no volume on the particular computer I've posted this video from - I have no idea what the clinician is saying :(



Anyway, Happy 2011 to you! I am so excited for what this new year will bring!!

2 comments:

Terry said...

2 beautiful horses! The first one just makes you think "now wouldn't he be fun to ride?"

Paint Girl said...

I guess I never realized that Morgans did reining too, which I should because they are very versatile!
Glad you had a good New Years!