Monday, January 24, 2011

1st Give Away

13 comments:

Ms Martyr said...

This is perfect. I've been looking for an appropriate bumper sticker. My husband wanted to get one of those see-through things that cover the whole rear window of the truck but I prefer a bumper sticker.

I had my very first lesson last June. I think I had three or four lessons using a Western saddle. I bought some beautiful cowboy boots. The barn owner asked me if I would like to try a dressage saddle (I think it was because she had more horses trained in that discipline so easier to have a lesson mount available) I've been riding English ever since, much to my husband's dismay and contempt. I'm a cowgirl at heart. My entry should win on length alone. I'm going to check out that website.

Terry said...

I ride dressage because I enjoy it. I also like riding around our pastures and the neighborhood.

Sarah said...

Phhhhfffttt, you're going to get a lot more than 8 entries, unfortunately for me:)

The very very first lessons I took were western-I think I was 6 or 7. I don't remember the name of the place, but the woman who "instructed" me did super cool things like leave 6 or 7 year old me alone on her horse while she ran into her house for 15 minute stretches. Needless to say I didn't last long there-

Then I started riding at Fox Brush Farms in DeWitt, the first "real" instruction of my life...sort of by default. They've been around so long my grandma used to ride there and that's where it was decided I should go:) I stayed there through my mid-teen years, they found me my first horse, and then I started taking dressage lessons at the new barn we moved to with an awesome trainer. I still miss Penny Underwood!

If I were to take lessons again, it would be with a dressage base (though I do ride in a close contact/all purpose saddle, ha ha), but I would like to get some instruction over fences as well.

Great idea!

Lexa said...

Yayyy giveaways!!

I ride gaited. I suppose the closest you could call it is English, since I ride with dressage saddles. I chose to ride gaited horses, Paso Finos, because they are consistently smooth and you don't have to kill your legs holding on for the post since they don't typically trot! Not to mention they look like little firecrackers going around the arena!

Sarah said...

I'm a western rider. Guess cause its the only discipline I've ever been exposed to and its more my style. It's just the way do things here. A lot more practical for working cows you know, though I do enjoy watching all equine disciplines at work!

Karen said...

Awesome giveaway!! :-)

I ride dressage and ended up at the sport after years of riding saddleseat and then hunter/jumpers. I love the precision and structure of dressage. It has made me a thinking rider and you can never be perfect at it so it's an endless journey. :-)

in2paints said...

How fun!!

I ride hunt seat because that's what Lilly tells me we're going to ride! I would love to do western pleasure eventually, but for now we're sticking with hunt seat because I don't want to push her into a discipline she's not ready for.

Hopefully I won't have to start all over when I'm finally able to get back on.

Rising Rainbow said...

I was contacted by Meagan as well. Her email is still in my file guess I should get it out and use my noggan to come up with some designs so please don't include.

Your designs turned out great.

I ride western and hunt seat mostly. My preference is western and I would love to learn reining or working cow. LOL

Kristen Eleni Shellenbarger said...

I ride ghetto english pleasure. Why ghetto? B/c I'm mostly in jeans or running pants (lol) and currently am riding bareback. Easy tacking up and down!
I started riding at age 7, english and did mostly H/J until College.
Fun give away!!

Jen said...

I've rode western most of my life, but I've had lessons also in hunt and saddleseat. I guess just to get on and ride my horse, I prefer western--but I also enjoy riding hunt.
Years ago when I showed in 4-H I was amazed at the success that I could obtain in driving classes.

Janice said...

I ride Western,after riding for about four or five years with no saddle the first saddle we ever had was Western, then when I started doing Gymkana's and Barrel racing that's what you use. I have tried other styles and have never strayed far from your basic Western style riding.

Becky said...

While I've always secretly daydreamed of doing 3-Day eventing, we never had the money.

So, that said, I ride western--- kind of a mix of both western pleasure or cutting, depending on what horse I am borrowing. :) My goal is to eventually ride cutting horses, because it's one discipline where the horses genuinely seem to enjoy themselves, and it gives you a HECK of a seat in the process.

When I am independently wealthy, however, I do plan on learning dressage.

Oh, and I really like your designs-- especially the "Let that Pony Run" one :)

JJ said...

Merideth in Wyoming said...
Well I am waiting for you to post you own a Morgan again!!! Enjoy your blog.