Friday, January 15, 2010

Pipe Dreams


As I mentioned in my past post, I had a stressful few days. The starting point was the startling news regarding my student loan debt. From there began a 2 day cycle of crying all night = sleepless nights, arguing with my husband and feeling downright icky. Yesterday, I began feeling better and after a few glasses of white wine, all was right with the world! That is until I realized I left my new Kate Spade bag (Christmas present from B) sitting out on my desk at work. Luckily, my bag was waiting patiently for me when I got in this morning, so no harm there.

As I was saying, yesterday I began feeling sort of foolish for my hysterical and dramatic outbursts. B, my husband is upset too, but we both know life could be so, so, so much worse. Anyway, I started thinking - why can't I still get a horse? If I got a weekend job, there's no reason why I can't plop down a little bit of money and pay for board. I've done it in the past, I can do it now! I am fully aware of the financial commitment that comes along with owning a horse, that's what's kept me horseless for so long. But, as my mom would say "it's a sin that I don't have a horse." (that's what she said to my dad many years ago, and it worked for her!).

I contacted the owner of said horse (Addy), and she is still available. I have arranged to go see her in late March or early April, by then I should have enough together to make the purchase and have savings. I plan on getting her insured, I know how darn expensive emergencies are! I can't decide if I want to see her with a trailer in tow, or if I should go sans the trailer and if I like her, plan another trip out. She live approx. 9-hours from me. Decisions, decisions. Perhaps this is a pipe dream that won't pan out anyway, I guess only time will tell ~ wish me luck!

3 comments:

Flying Lily said...

I agree with you about the horse. Don't put it off as long as I did (first horse purchased at age 48!!). And don't beat yourself up about not working in college. It causes trouble (time conflicts) for many students and your earning power at that age is not so great. You have a good plan involving a good-sounding horse. I vote take the trailer!! when you go...

JJ said...

Thank you for the encouragement FL - it really is so nice to have :) I will take the trailer *I think.

Amber said...

I sure hope everything works out.