Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Lady and a Mom



"The horses paw and prance and neigh,
Fillies and colts like kittens play,
And dance and toss their rippled manes.
Shining and soft as silken skeins;..."
~Oliver Wendell Holmes



"Horses and children, I often think, have a lot of the good sense there is in the world."
~Josephine Demott Robinson



"...I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound."
~Nathaniel Hawthorne




"All I pay my psychiatrist is the cost of feed and hay, and he'll listen to me any day."
~Author Unknown




"When I bestride him, I soar, I am a hawk: he trots the air; the earth sings when he touches it; the basest horn of his hoof is more musical than the pipe of Hermes."
~William Shakespeare, Henry V



"Feeling down? Saddle up."
~Author Unknown



"It's a lot like nuts and bolts - if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts!"
~Nicholas Evans



"Ah, steeds, steeds, what steeds! Has the whirlwind a home in your manes? Is there a sensitive ear, alert as a flame, in your every fiber? Hearing the familiar song from above, all in one accord you strain your bronze chests and, hooves barely touching the ground, turn into straight lines cleaving the air, and all inspired by God it rushes on!"
~Nikolai V. Gogol, Dead Souls, 1842,




"He knows when you're happy
He knows when you're comfortable
He knows when you're confident
And he always knows when you have carrots."

~Author Unknown



"Four things greater than all things are, -Women and Horses and Power and War."
~Rudyard Kipling, "The Ballad of the King's Jest"

2 comments:

Flying Lily said...

What great quotes! And all so true. Lovely photos too. Looks like a fun day with the therapist! :)

JJ said...

It was a fun day ~ the photos are all of my mom and her horse Lady :)