Wednesday, April 14, 2010

More Than Circles

I'm becoming more and more interested in the versatility of the Morgan Horse as of late. I know Morgans can do it all, I just know it. For goodness sakes, there are gaited Morgans even! It's been difficult to find much out there on Morgans that are used in outside disciplines such as eventing, hunter/jumper, cutting/reining/team penning, endurance, etceteraetceteraetcetera....

They are out there though, this I know. I've checked out websites like this:( CLICK ) that direct to Sport Morgan Farms. These all seem to focus mainly on Dressage.

Here's a video of a Morgan Stallion Cutting.


I know Morgans aren't equipped with the big honkin' stock horse derrieres, but they can still work it (maybe not as well, but well enough). Not only that, but you don't see Stock horses doing this....

Here's a Morgan reining at Morgan Nationals. I know nothing about reining, but I do know that stock breeds spin faster and whatever else. I like this guy though, he seems like he does pretty darn good. Especially because I don't think there are too many Morgans out there reining.



Annnnd, here's a hunter/jumper video to round this video post out.



One more thing (HERE). Exciting, no?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Love this post. I told you that my best friend is getting a morgan right? and she plans to event! I looked through your links and found lots of Morgans showing through 3rd level dressage! Even some that have been to eventing championships. Coolest thing I learned? They can be double registered in the American Warmblood Society. Cool Stuff. Thanks for sharing. I need to make sure Eva reads your blog if she has not already.