Thursday, April 15, 2010

Check This


I PITY the Fools who don't check this out!

I'd like to mention Horse and Wildlife Gifts and the blog that accompanies the store. I mention these sites for several reasons though. (To be completely honest, 'cause that's what I am), I was contacted by the proprietor of both. She kindly offered to do a write up of my blog if I mentioned her store on it. First off, I wondered who in the world would want anything of theirs on my blog? Then, I checked out the blog. HOW COOL and what a great idea. Basically, the blog showcases different horse related blogs. Through the blog I noticed several other blogs that I already follow and found a few new ones to add to my reader list. The author does a great job of highlighting each blog; I am truly honored to be a part of it!


After checking out the blog, I began to peruse the store website. I am not a huge online shopper (E-Bay exempted, because I hate paying shipping), but when I saw that the store ships for free for orders over $99.00, I felt genuine intrigue at the store's offerings. That's when I saw it. Ohhh did I ever see it. Now, before I tell you what it is that I saw, I am going to TRY and give a brief description of my thing with BLING. I am truly an Elvis Presley-esque, Gaudy little sparkly-shiny-it's so pretty, overkill with the sparkle queen at heart. I have learned though, that less is more (Que applause). With that being said, perhaps the reason I love Western Pleasure in the HORSE SHOW world, is because we can wear bling, and people just EAT IT UP! I can't really afford to have a custom made outfit for showing, so I'm always on the look out for accessories to add to my store bought show outfits. But TAKE A LOOK AT THIS! scroll along, there are many! I just absolutely must have one of these (if I ever get my fanny back into the show ring, that is). I would love one of those buckles paired with a simple show shirt and some nice plain (ultra suede) chaps. Maybe for my next birthday.....in July, please, B? ? ? Mom? ? ?

Horse and Wildlife Gifts offers plenty more too. I scrolled around and found some really nice leather halters, etched crystal (I also love crystal - I'm an old woman at heart I guess), tons of art work and plenty of other really cute things. Do I sound too much like a used car salesman? I'm really not trying to, I just think it's great to help fellow horse lovers out. In doing this, we promote other horse related blogs, a horse lover's business (the store) and each other! I hope you enjoy this great find!!

1 comment:

Tammy in TX said...

Changed my blog address to: http://sortingsummer.blogspot.com/