
This isn't horse related, but oh well.
Yesterday I had the hiccups. They were the type of hiccups that start below and punch their way up through the esophagus. They had my diaphragm clenching and my throat raw, they were loud, and they hurt. As is common with me, I knew that a day with one case of the hiccups, transforms into two - three days with several cases of the hiccups. They stay for a while, maybe twenty minutes. Then, they disappear only to return several hours later, usually at the most inopportune time.
So, as the hiccups loudly made their presence known, I grumbled to B *my husband* that I was not happy. I explained that when we woke up in the morning, to expect more of the same squeaking and gasping from my side of the bed. Please note that I'm referring to hiccups.
So, this morning, I rose from bed and began to get ready for work. Let me say that I am not a morning person on work days. It is a painstaking chore waking up knowing that I am off to work for the day. I go about my morning routine slowly, quietly and grumpily. This morning, I was none too pleased when the hiccups began almost the second my feet hit the floor. I slowly ambled about, squeaking and gasping as I went. I showered then, hiccuping and sighing along, I dressed and then headed to the master bathroom to meticulously apply my makeup (note: NOT).
With the bathroom door closed tight behind me, I was lost in, hiccup, thought. I think I was thinking about my upcoming Dressage lesson, actually. Staring at my grumpy, palid face in the mirror...hiccup, I wondered why the heck I had a zit at this a,hiccup,ge. Looking down I....
WAAAAAABAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - in burst B. I lunged around quick as a flash and hurled my brow pencil in his general direction. After yelling some expletives at him, I began crying. Whhhoooo boy, crying?!? B had no sympathy though, laughing hysterically, he asked if he had cured my hiccups...
"I scared them right out of you, didn't I?" he proudly exclaimed.
Infuriated and with bruised ego, I told him that no, he did not. I had just had my last hiccup when he made his appearance....and...well, in all reality, he did cure my hiccups. They were gone and haven't made another appearance yet today. Of course, I can't admit that to him.
Let me just say that even though he cured my hiccups, that was the worst possible method. Never scare your wife as she's grumpily putting on makeup, worrying about a zit and despondently planning her work day early in the morning ON A WORK DAY!
Yesterday I had the hiccups. They were the type of hiccups that start below and punch their way up through the esophagus. They had my diaphragm clenching and my throat raw, they were loud, and they hurt. As is common with me, I knew that a day with one case of the hiccups, transforms into two - three days with several cases of the hiccups. They stay for a while, maybe twenty minutes. Then, they disappear only to return several hours later, usually at the most inopportune time.
So, as the hiccups loudly made their presence known, I grumbled to B *my husband* that I was not happy. I explained that when we woke up in the morning, to expect more of the same squeaking and gasping from my side of the bed. Please note that I'm referring to hiccups.
So, this morning, I rose from bed and began to get ready for work. Let me say that I am not a morning person on work days. It is a painstaking chore waking up knowing that I am off to work for the day. I go about my morning routine slowly, quietly and grumpily. This morning, I was none too pleased when the hiccups began almost the second my feet hit the floor. I slowly ambled about, squeaking and gasping as I went. I showered then, hiccuping and sighing along, I dressed and then headed to the master bathroom to meticulously apply my makeup (note: NOT).
With the bathroom door closed tight behind me, I was lost in, hiccup, thought. I think I was thinking about my upcoming Dressage lesson, actually. Staring at my grumpy, palid face in the mirror...hiccup, I wondered why the heck I had a zit at this a,hiccup,ge. Looking down I....
WAAAAAABAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - in burst B. I lunged around quick as a flash and hurled my brow pencil in his general direction. After yelling some expletives at him, I began crying. Whhhoooo boy, crying?!? B had no sympathy though, laughing hysterically, he asked if he had cured my hiccups...
"I scared them right out of you, didn't I?" he proudly exclaimed.
Infuriated and with bruised ego, I told him that no, he did not. I had just had my last hiccup when he made his appearance....and...well, in all reality, he did cure my hiccups. They were gone and haven't made another appearance yet today. Of course, I can't admit that to him.
Let me just say that even though he cured my hiccups, that was the worst possible method. Never scare your wife as she's grumpily putting on makeup, worrying about a zit and despondently planning her work day early in the morning ON A WORK DAY!
1 comment:
Oh I get those kind of hiccups too. So painful...
Funny that your hubby tried to help a girl out :)
My husband hands me the cup of water to drink upside down and that usually does the trick:)
Post a Comment