I feel this way because J invited an adorable Jr. Exhibitor rider to show Bobby and Contro this weekend. Of course, had I wanted to go I'd have had my pick of which horse to bring, but I've already spoken several times about WHY I don't ever want to go that route in that particular situation again...so I declined several offers.
So, why do I feel jealous? Ugh, I'm actually torn. I am over the moon happy that Bobby and Contro will be shown by a great riding Jr. That's truly what they need anyway, someone who has the time to come out several times a week and ride them. I live far away, and due to my schedule and an ornery husband, I only have the ability to drive out once a week. That's not enough to keep two horses (one being obese), the other naughty in show condition. It's just not. So, yes. I am 99% happy. The other part of me feels possessive. I'm the only one whose ridden Bobby on a regular basis. I spent countless hours since 2004, slowing his canter to a lope, his trot to a jog; working his frame to get his head into a nice western pleasure set (while using himself properly -yada,yada,yada). I spent alot of time training him to pivot (against J's protestations, he's pretty good. I had one judge tell me he'd make a nice reiner) and I also trained him to neck rein. He's not very good though. Anyway, I think you get the picture.

I know, this picture again! It's the only one I have on my computer right now.
Last year or the year before, Bobby started having issues in the show ring. At some point I allowed him to cut across the ring after the reverse, so now he pulls this crap where he'll act out in his efforts to line up. He bucks, jigs - you name it. I can even show you some hot evidence. It is and was very hard to admit that I caused this problem. I like to think of myself as a good rider, but that gave me some major doubts. Check out this horse show video. After we reverse, you'll see him jig a bit, then I'll turn him toward the center so that the judges think that it was my doing...ugh, that is why the horse has issues. It's my fault! (around 4:42-4:43).
I hope this Jr. rider can stop his naughty behavior! I truly, truly do. But a small tiny part of me will feel bad, that was something I wasn't able to do....now, I may have been able to as a brave and bold Jr. rider though, I'm just a chicken poo in my old age :(.
Bah - it doesn't matter. I'm embarrassed to admit that I feel that way, but I want to be honest. That small, immature brat part of me doesn't die easily I guess...regardless, I do plan on attending the show to watch. I'll take lots of pictures, and I do truly hope that those horses win a lot of blues. Bobby isn't really my personal "style" of a Morgan, but he is striking in his coloring. He's a stinker binker though and has been known to buck some good riders off. He's super lean and hard to grip - and let me just say, that horse can grab some air.
I'll write a post about the horse show AND my dressage lesson on Monday :)
P.S. J just called to tell me that even though I'm not showing, I'm still very welcome to participate at the show. She wanted to make sure I didn't feel left out or pushed out in any way. She also said I could catch ride in an ammy class. Tempting, but no. I want Bobby's issue resolved before I attempt to show him again. Better he have one rider at this show! That was very sweet of J though, one of the reasons I've been with her for so long is underneath her sometimes gruff exterior, she is very kind.
No comments:
Post a Comment