Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Possibilities


I thought I'd post a few pics of horses I've been thinking about (too early to buy just yet). This lovely Morgan filly is Lady in Red. She is 3 now, but how can I resist that face? She is chestnut with a lot of white (my favorite). She is $5,000.00 (may be more now), and I would love LOVE loooove to have her.


Here's a Morgan gelding offered for $5,000.00 as well. I just think he's kind of cute.



I like this guy's coloring and conformation. He could easily be converted to hunt seat. I think he's priced at $5,000.00.


I think this Morgan gelding is adorable. Another great buy at $5,000.00




Last but not least is this guy - again, $5,000.00. He's not my favorite, but still, he's cute.
There are some more pics. following the above horses, the next pictures are all of Morgans that I'd love to own, but could never afford ;). They are all good examples of why I love this breed though.


Riding horses like this is a blast! Some may not like the high stepping look, but it's common for many Morgans to naturally move this way. It's gorgeous and ground covering too.

This is a 5 year old Mare that I've been admiring for some time. She is just stunning to watch. The pic doesn't do her justice either :).

See, we have Paint Morgans too :)


Here's a Morgan Stallion - I just think he is the quintessential Morgan - super cute.

This is a Cream Morgan, we have a few of his babies at the barn, and they are lovely. I wanted to put him up to show that Morgans have quality in color as well. I'm not a huge fan of Cream Morgans, but there are some nice ones.

Here's a famous Morgan Western Stallion. Tanqueray.


Another great Morgan Stallion.



Most people who show Morgan Horses in the Western Division use dark oiled tack. Circle Y and Dale Chavez are very popular brands. I think it looks stunning on this horse!

This is Troutbrook Playboy. I very famous historical Morgan Sire. He was my former horse (Shaker's Sierra's sire).

Morgan horse - cowboy dressage.

Another gorgeous Morgan Western Pleasure horse. Fancy fancy.
Woops - I pasted this one twice. Oh well, he's still cute.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just discovered your blog - there is a lovely Morgan mare at our barn (Charisma - if you search the label cloud you'll find her picture) - she's a Lambert Morgan from Virginia, and she's all bay with no markings - very smart and athletic.

Mikabella said...

Wow! I discovered your blog just minutes ago and I am stuned! The Morgan horse are just pure beauty. Here in sweden the breed is very unknown and I dont think I have seen one in real life. Thanksfor opening my eyes to this beautiful typ of horse...Still love my high jumping english fullbreed to death thou ;) Kram!