
Long and rambling post alert!!!!
In June of 2008, my boyfriend (now husband) received a job offer that just couldn't be turned down. All that I'll say is that it was and still is an excellent opportunity for him. The problem was that this particular job was located roughly 120 miles from where we were living at the time. The economy, especially in Michigan was hurting and the unemployment rate was rising by the second. I had to find a new job and fast, but it wasn't easy. I left my very secure and decently paying job of over 6 years, only to bounce around from part time job to part time job. Trying to find a job was stressful, I spent many nights crying, stressing and worrying. I had student loans, car payments, cell phone and credit card payments to deal with. I am a pretty good interviewee, however getting to the interview part was next to impossible. I imagine Human Resources Departments across the country are absolutely swamped with overly qualified applicants. Very disheartening it was! I finally signed up with a temp agency as a last resort. I did not want to temp, but it beat working as a waitress (I dislike waitressing immensely). Before long, I was offered the opportunity to cover for a woman who was just about to leave for Maternity at an Engineering company. Because I have a degree in Technical Writing (don't judge based on my terrible blogging skills), I was offered the position with potential to be hired on full time in the Fall.
FAST FORWARD TO NOW: I have finally been assured that I am definitely to be hired on FULL TIME and my salary - oh my blessed salary - will be a bit higher. In fact, it may match or possibly even be better than my former job on the other side of this state. YES YES YES! so, I immediately began thinking "I can get a new car, wait wait! I can get.....duh duh duhhhh....a horse!" And you know, I started getting butterflies and daydreaming like I was in 3rd grade again. I am tentatively planning to purchase a horse by Spring of 2010. This is very very tentative, but I can't live without my own horse any longer - I just cain't! (can you feel the drama)? This horse cannot really be more than $2,500.00, so the gelding (my preference) may not be a Nationals calibre kind a horse, but who even cares? I'm beginning to wonder if I enjoy showing anyway. Maybe I'll get a yearling - or maybe an older trail savvy horse. I do know one thing though, he will be a Morgan :).
1 comment:
That is indeed very exciting!!! Can't wait to follow your horse quest. I was just on Dreamhorse today dreaming about Rockies. Silver mane, chocolate brown, sweet temper...wish I had 1000 acres and a million bucks.
Post a Comment