Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thank You

Last weekend was a terrible weekend. Losing my Grandpa has been harder than I expected. Yes, he was 91 years old. Yes, there is a small amount of comfort in knowing that he had a long, good life. Still though, my heart aches for my family's loss.

The funeral was heart wrenching, as I imagine all funerals are. My grandpa was buried with military honors; something I know that if he could see (and I hope he could, from somewhere wonderful), would make him smile. The taps, however, were almost my undoing. Have you ever been to a funeral with Military Honors? It's something beautiful, but very, very VERY tearful.

Anyway, I want to say thank you for your heart felt comments on my earlier post. It really and truly means a lot to me. I find that writing is so therapeutic. After writing that post, I felt just a little bit better. If anything else, it was my own personal tribute to a wonderful man. Thank you for allowing me to share that.

Unfortunately, I had absolutely no contact with horses over the weekend. Something that would have been very nice indeed. I hope to ride Gypsy soon, and I will be sure to take pictures to share!

I hope you ALL have an absolutely wonderful Thanksgiving!

Gypsy and I, 2009

P.S. make sure to hug your grandpas if ya' got 'em!!!

4 comments:

Kristen Eleni Shellenbarger said...

aww, I never met my two Grandpas as they were both deceased before I was a thought. I know I would have LOVED them both though :)
That is a great picture btw!

Chanda said...

Beautiful beautiful horse.

Jocelyn said...

So sorry to hear of the passing of your Grandpa. I never knew EITHER of mine.

Sarah said...

Aw, JJ, I'm so, so, so sorry. I'm glad his funeral was beautiful, and fitting of such a good man. Hugs~