Friday, November 12, 2010

Hello, Goodbye (Courbette Edition)

Months ago, while I was still on my "must buy every nice horse tack item I can, so that when I get a horse I already have what I need" kick, I purchased a very nice, brand new Courbette Weymouth bridle.

Why? Well, I guess I thought that one day I might need one.

Never mind that the bridle is a padded, BLACK Weymouth bridle (and my saddle is dark brown), and never mind that I didn't have a horse either. Never mind that most Morgans wear a Cob size, and the bridle I purchased was Horse sized. Never mind any of that. What matters is that I won the auction and that I now own an actual Courbette Bridle. Seriously, I think I'm a horse tack label whore, I never owned nice tack in my younger days, so now I have this thing...I must own nice tack, even if I don't exactly own a horse...sigh. I also own a very nice VOGT bit, something I purchased during that same kick, mentioned above...I won't be selling that though, I sometimes lend it out so technically it's being used, just not by me :(.

...I seriously just spelled whore, horror. Luckily I realized my err and fixed it. I think I'm showing early signs of dementia...but I digress!

Anyway, months later I realize that I must now sell my beautiful Courbette bridle. It has been sitting in my bridle bag just wasting away, and it's too nice for that. The Bridle is over $400.00 brand new, but since I got it for such a great price, I am selling it for what I paid...actually a bit less then, but I'm hoping someone will bid it up...not looking likely.

So anyway, if you or anyone you know is in the market for a very nice, new with tags, Courbette Weymouth Bridle (Horse Sized), bid away! At this point, it appears I'm the only one whose actually viewed my Ebay ad, so you won't have much competition! It breaks my little heart to sell it .......but I must for the betterment of my own horse lovin', tack buyin', money wastin' self!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Ohhhh, that bridle is gorgeous!!! Good luck with it on EBay.

I hear you with the tack whore thing. It's ridiculous in my case, too, since I haven't shown in 10 years:)

Terry said...

We really like Courbette tack. Reggie has a warmblood sized Courbette bridle that he's had since his show days - a l-o-n-g time ago. Someone will get a good deal on EBay.