
My husband Brian is a total neat freak.
Unfortunately, I have a tendency to leave things laying around, which I've always done. I'm trying to get better, but it is what it is. Anyway, all my mess really is, is maybe a coat draped over the bar stool, my purse set onto the dining room table; and then in the bedroom, maybe my pajamas on the floor or a rubber band or two (those things seem to multiply) and my over night bag that I am constantly packing and unpacking. It is nothing major.
For quite some time now, Brian has had this awful habit of taking all of my stuff and throwing it into a corner by my side of the bed. He does this when he decides it is time to clean up. Now, don't think for one minute that Brian doesn't leave stuff lying around. For instance, his shoes are always laying in the living room, he leaves snacks and candy out on the counter, his computers are all over the place and he leaves his over night toiletry kit hanging in the bathroom until I put it away, sometimes a month later. Our house is quite clean, but you know, we sometimes just have a few things laying around.
Last night I prepared my outfit for workfor the next day (today). I took out a dress, tights and boots, folded them nicely, and placed them on the office chair in our bedroom, all nice and ready. This was at about 10:00 at night. I took a shower, then Brian took a shower and as he was finishing up, I noticed that my outfit was missing from the chair. Brian had taken my outfit, boots included, and thrown it into the corner along with a bunch of other things (my overnight bag that I was in the process of packing, pajamas, etc.)
Ohhhhh but I was mad. I decided to silently fume as I didn't really want to get into it. Knowing that I was silently fuming, Brian just couldn't stand it. He kept cajoling me and telling me that he didn't throw my outfit (he did as it was lying crumpled beneath a pile of other items).
The thing is that I don't throw his stuff. If it bothers me, I put it away - boots in the closet, hang the clothes or drape them over his clothes bar, that kind of stuff.
I was so angry, so at about midnight, I began putting EVERYTHING in the house away. His and my stuff. I hung up every jacket, I made him hang up his jacket that he was wearing today. I put away everything in the kitchen - pots, pans, candy, snacks (I hid one of his things in the fireplace - LOL!) I put everything away in the bathroom including his overnight kit, shoes, blankets folded - his tools, every single item of clothing, bags, everything - that house is spotless.
Meanwhile, Brian laid in bed watching me. Finally he said "I think you're overreacting."
Truth be told, I was, but it sure felt good. I hope he learned his lesson...I am so going to get on him every time he leaves something laying around. I still can't decide if I want to throw his stuff in a corner or if I should put it away...what do you think?
4 comments:
I think youre funny!
I am also thinking about how this situation will play out next month when Tyler and I move in together. He is an airhead. He forgets things. He leaves things places. He doesn't get around to closing cabinets he has opened... and I? need organization and for things to be tidy... should be interesting ;)
My personal opinion is that he should not be throwing your stuff into a heap in the corner. Especially if he leaves things laying around too... if he was a super neat freak and his stuff was never laying around, maybe, but even then, why can't he just put it away? Or put it somewhere else that doesn't require a giant pile of stuff? The heap thing wouldn't last with me... that just seems like he's being disrespectful of your things.
I say start putting his stuff in a pile until he quits putting your stuff in a pile. You've been putting his stuff away for a while now and yet he still just puts yours in a pile.
My boyfriend and I are both neat, but sometimes things just get left for one reason or another. We tend to leave each other's stuff alone, but there are times when I'm cleaning up and I put it all away.
Sometimes overreacting is the only way to get your point across, and it feels good. :)
I'd be mad too. I'm afraid I'd put his stuff in the corner. Not very mature, but...
Duuuude...I'd be so pissed if the boyfriend did stuff like that to me! If it were me I'd put everything away because I know the boyfriend wouldn't be able to find it then (see my previous post of a similar title). But man, if I was in your situation, I'd probably just toss it all in a pile for him too. It'd probably bother him to have his stuff heaped in a pile, instead of neatly put away, since he's a neat freak. Good luck! ;)
Post a Comment