Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Hello

I just wanted to post and say hello to everyone! I'm still super inconsistent with just about everything in my life right now, but that will change soon...hopefully.

Is it just me, or does there seem to be a lot of depressing news out there? It seems every time I turn around someone's sick, or losing their home, or has lost or is losing a loved one. It's just very sad, and it makes me feel ever the more grateful for the wonderful things I have in my life, especially my health, loved ones and secure (hopefully) job (that I hate, lol)! I pray for those who are going through trying times, and I truly believe that there is a light at the end of the tunnel for us all...we just need patience. I hope that the next time I'm feeling down someone reminds me of those words that I just typed.

Life is going well for me. Josie is getting big (3 months old now) and she's been an absolute joy for the most part. I've had a few moments where I felt like I was going to lose it, but then I just took it out on my husband and felt a lot better! Thank God for husbands!! Ha!


















Here she is (above) in her Christmas PJ's...jolly lil' thing! She does NOT like hats, can you tell?

As for horses; I haven't been out to ride much. I've been on Lady (mom's horse) a few times, and that was nice. Lady is obese, just plain obese. She's healthy and all, but fat fat fat! My mom realizes this and she's working to correct it. I  think the problem she's having is that the barn owner is feeding the other mare that Lady is pastured with a lot (she's old and thin) and Lady is partaking in the extra feed as well.

I hate to say this...again...but I'm dreaming that this Spring or summer, I'll have a horse. J keeps offering any of hers up, which is amazingly generous, but I don't want to put myself into a position where I have a horse that I have no time to ride. I feel like that's been my life lately. It's a problem with either money or time. Ugh! Once Josie is a bit older (this Spring or Summer) I'll revisit J's offer. I don't expect much from myself on this one as I've been bound and determined to get me a horse many a time over the years. I hope though, I hope. Also, I don't want to board a horse at J's farm. It's too far off the beaten trail and truthfully, I want to be a part of a barn where there are others to ride/show with. I want to have fun with horses again.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a beautiful Christmas and I hope that 2012 brings us all peace, joy and health!

3 comments:

in2paints said...

I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas! Josie is getting so big, but she's so darn cute!! :)

Terry said...

It was wonderful to hear from you! Josie is adorable in her Christmas pjs!

Lexa said...

It's so great to hear from you! Josie is adorable =] I hope you had a great Christmas and have a happy New Year. And don't worry, horses will come just at the right time and then you can share your love of them with little Josie!