Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Meep

This morning I had to meet Josie's babysitter in the parking lot of the elementary school where she drops her own little girl off. This particular school is right off of a four lane highway (2 lanes in each direction, divided by a grass median). Anyway, I pulled out into the closest lane to me, which coincidentally ends and forces the drivers in that lane to either merge left OR turn right. I needed to merge left, however a little compact sedan saw that I wanted needed to get over, and sped up. ASSHOLE!

 I had no choice, I started merging anyway. Slowly, I started to edge left, giving the driver the opportunity to slow and allow me in. She sped up. So naturally, I continued to merge over anyway. I could see the car speeding up, but also sidling left as I made my entrance. I was not giving in, though I knew I was probably breaking a law or two. Finally, having no other choice, the driver slowed down because I was coming in and she wasn't stopping me. Giving up, she slammed on her horn, and kept the horn a honking for a good long while. The sound this horn emitted, though, was the funny part...meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep-meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep meep meep meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep, (Think Beaker) it's little self said, meeeeep meeep! If this other driver was trying to portray her indignity at my intrusion she sure DIDN'T do a good job of it. Normally, I would have felt annoyed, but this was hilarious. The angry driver tail gaited me, meep meeping all the way, until I made a right hand turn several miles down the road. She continued on straight with one more lengthy meeeeep, before fading off into the distance. Hilarious! The thing is, though, why didn't she just let me in the first time I asked...I mean, what a JERK!

_________________________________________________

Aside from my exciting drive to work this morning, things have been coming along steadily for me. I am enamored with little Josie, she is so darned cute. I probably shouldn't admit this, but sometimes I think little babies look like little old men, and that is a very endearing quality to me. Sometimes I see Mickey Rooney, sometimes it's Walter Matthau and sometimes I see Benjamin Button, but always, I see cute! Look at this bambino:
























I miss her so while I'm away at work! She was  *2 months* yesterday!

____________________________________________________________________

On the horse related front, I have indeed ridden several times! I can't wait to get out there again and ride. I rode Contro Saddle Seat. I did end up calling J, and though I'm still fency with her, I did miss her. SIGH.
Contro looks like an old Llama, but boy can he still move. I rode him Saddle Seat, and it was so much fun!
In other news, a family friend of ours just purchased her first horse in over 10 years. The horse is a 17 hand Trekehner/TBRED/Freisian mix...I have no idea if I spelled Trekehner or freisian correctly. I have NEVER seen such a tall horse (aside from a draft horse or two), he's quite a sight to behold!

I wish I had something more exciting to report on horses, but I just don't. We shall see what the future holds :).

I hope everyone is doing very well. I'm doing my very best to catch up with blogs and I'm enjoying it very much!

5 comments:

in2paints said...

Why do people have to be such idiots on the road? We all have to merge, share the road, etc, etc... was all that honking really worth it? I mean, was it that bad to slow down and let you in? I consider myself a very courteous driver and people who make my drive more difficult on purpose make me crazy!

Josie is super cute! Has it been 2 months already?? :)

Terry said...

So nice to hear from you. Josie is a doll! I would be staring at her all day long.

Janice said...

Yes it is too bad that people have to make life more difficult....good for you for finding the humor in it. That little one is sweet, it must be hard to go away while she is still so small, I'll bet you get excited to get back. Love her little pants.

Becky said...

When I get behind the wheel and I have someone like that near me, I turn into the most aggressively passive aggressive person ever.

When they MEEEP! at you (and that's hysterical! I know the kind of horn you are talking about) - you wave at them. When they get angrier, you give them the "thank you! Hi!" wave again. When they realize you aren't getting it, sometimes they will swerve around you to glare and mouth obscenities through the window - you just smile bigger, and wave. Pretend they are your very best friend, and you just happened to see each other on the street. "Hi! Hi! Thank you! Hi! Great to see you! Hello, I see you! What, you're waving with one finger? I'm waving with five! Thank you for my wave! Hello! Hi, happy friend!"

In all my years of SoCal driving I've never found a sweeter revenge than just getting happier and nicer as they get madder. Drives. Them. ABSOLUTELY. NUTS. It's so satisfying.

And good for you for not backing down. I'm sad I have babies in my backseat now - I can't be the little road mom that I used to be. "Nope! You waited to long to merge. You can't merge in front of me, sorry! Go to the back of the line." It pays to not care about scratches on your car.

Babies do look like little old men. Sadly, they outgrow it.

Rising Rainbow said...

Thinking of you this holiday season.