Tuesday, August 25, 2009

FUN show

Bobby and I at last years Fun Show


The Fun Show is just that - a fun show. At this point in my life I am not financially ready to pay for a larger breed show. The open shows are geared mostly towards Quarter Horses, so I basically go to one or two smaller Morgan sponsored shows a year. I made the mistake earlier this year of going to an A rated show with Bobby. The show itself was great, but I really have a difficult time justifying the cost of the 3 day show considering the fact that I'm not trying to get to Nationals AND I'm only an occasional shower at this point. Anyway, last year Bobby and I went the MJMHA (Michigan Justin Morgan Horse Association) Fun Show and we kicked patootie. It's set up like a normal show for the most part, the same classes as the big shows are there - they just add in some fun classes like egg n' spoon and ride a five for FUN. Also, the placings aren't counted towards anything, it's all JUST FOR FUN! Bobby and I won every single class we went into, including 2 championships (one was a reserve). I even won the adult equitation on Snippy, a 30 year old Quarter Horse gelding. Never before had I known such sweet sweet success at a horse show! I know that it was just a silly Fun Show, but that is epitome of why I show horses. It's supposed to be fun. I hope that when I do have the funds to make it to the regional shows as well as Nationals, that I don't forget to enjoy it too. It's just too expensive not to.





Anyway, the Fun Show is coming up in two weeks, and I'm debating on whether or not to go. I did volunteer to help out, so if anything, I can watch everyone else have fun!

No comments: