The 4th of July was nice this year. B and I flew (with his sister and brother in law) down to St. Louis, MO. to stay with his parents. On the 3rd, we went to a FREE concert (Magnolia summer and the Counting Crows) underneath the Arch and afterwards watched a very short, but nice fireworks show. I had never been to St. Louis before, and I really truly liked the place. I heard tell that St. Louis and Detroit (where I'm from) usually go neck in neck for the wondrous title of ....wait for it...."Murder Capitol of the World" - - - hmmmm...imo, St. Louis has nothin' on Detroit, atleast in the looks department. The city seemed immaculate and I didn't see too many vacant-burned out - crumbling buildings like I do in Detroit. To give Detroit credit though, it's bones are lovely and if you're into architecture, you'd fall in love with some of the gorgeous and historic buildings there....you just have to look up to appreciate them.
On the horse front, not to much is going on there. I plan on riding Bob this Sunday, but to be completely honest, after my last horse show and some mild encounters with Jill's bad attitude, I am thinking of pulling the plug on the horse thing until I find another barn to join. It's not enjoyable anymore for me to ride, especially when Jill is always present, criticizing the horse and being all around, negative. I am not blaming her though, it's my fault for being such a crutch to her all these years. Well honey, this crutch is warped! The biggest thing that I worry about is what will happen with the horses? I am the only one who rides them, and for Bob and Contro, I don't know what that means. I wish that some horse lovin' young lady/man would come and sweep these guys off their hooves before their show days have passed them by!
On the horse front, not to much is going on there. I plan on riding Bob this Sunday, but to be completely honest, after my last horse show and some mild encounters with Jill's bad attitude, I am thinking of pulling the plug on the horse thing until I find another barn to join. It's not enjoyable anymore for me to ride, especially when Jill is always present, criticizing the horse and being all around, negative. I am not blaming her though, it's my fault for being such a crutch to her all these years. Well honey, this crutch is warped! The biggest thing that I worry about is what will happen with the horses? I am the only one who rides them, and for Bob and Contro, I don't know what that means. I wish that some horse lovin' young lady/man would come and sweep these guys off their hooves before their show days have passed them by!
1 comment:
I love St. Louis! My son is in med school there and he saw that same fireworks show - off a barge in the river? He loved it. I agree - you don't see the evidence of murder and mayhem in St. Louis on the main drags, but he says it's there if you go south.
Post a Comment