Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Off Topic


Grand Bend, Ontario ~ Beach

This weekend the hub. (husband) and I are going camping with some friends. This actually has nothing to do with horses, by the way. We're camping in Grand Bend, Ontario (Canada), so although it should be on the cold side, I'm hoping it will be a great time too. Grand Bend is a beach town right off of Lake Huron. It's got lovely sandy beaches and from what I remember a cute little touristy main street with shops galore and a few restaurants and bars.

I've been to Grand Bend several times. My first memory of it was when I was around 12, where I remember trudging up and down the main street trying my best to look cool. I've seen the pictures of me from that trip, and believe me, I did NOT look cool, but I tried. Another trip, during my 16th birthday, my mom took me horse back riding at one of those rent-a-horse places. We both cracked up, we owned a horse, yet we paid for one to ride whenever we got a chance! That particular ride, we rode at the back of the string, and waited for them to get way ahead of us so that we could canter. It was good times!

In college, I dragged Friends up there on two separate occasions. The trips didn't go so well though, both trips were cold and rainy, and it was next to impossible to obtain alcohol (not that we were drunks, just in our early 20's and on 'vacation').

This time around we have a strategy - it's called DUTY FREE - haha!!
Anyway, the temps are supposed to be in the mid to high 60's, so we won't get the beach time, but it'll still be fun! We're camping at the Pinery Provincial Park, and it's just simply gorgeous. They have 3 different campground areas, offer electric sites and have tons of trails and nature-y things to do. I recommend it!!!

No comments: