Wow! I leave for a few months and Blogger completely changes itself! How will I ever?!
I don't even know if anyone will read this, I've been very very naughty indeed.
Just busy with work and baby, is all.
Anyway, I have something horse related to post at long last. Wahooooey!
To bring you up to speed. My mom keeps her horse at a farm just down the road from her. She is also a real estate agent. The woman who owns the farm wanted to sell it to downsize, so begrudgingly, my mom listed it and it sold almost immediately. They people who purchased it are going to use it for Organic Farming and PIGS. Oh my!
Long story short, my mom had to find a new home for her horse, Lady.
With my help, we found the perfect place! It's a farm close by with access to trails and surrounded by long dirt roads for riding. They have a horse available for me to half lease! YAY! It's not ideal as I'd much prefer my own horse, but money is tight for me, so this is better than nothing!
I have yet to meet the horse. She's a 20 year old Walking Horse of all things! I will lease her for the summer if all goes well. I'm just so excited!
The woman who owns the farm is a no nonsense, straight to the point kind of lady. She seems like her first goal is healthy happy animals; she does raise meat goats which was sad for us non-farm gals to take in as the goat kids (who will be slaughtered at some point) were too cute and lovin' life! That said, both my mom and I do eat meat, so we can't be hypocrites here. Still, it's a tough pill to swallow. They are SO SO adorable!
Also, she sort of rubbed me the wrong way when my mom asked her if "she had a horse I could pay to use." The woman responded bruskily "This is not a riding stable!"
My mom only meant if there was a horse I could lease, she just kind of said it wrong. But still, sheesh!
Wow, this post it kind of all over the place. I do hope to be updating more and more this summer - afterall, I'll hopefully have a lot to write about! YAY!
I hope you are all doing well! I'm going to try and catch up on the blogs this week. I just need to find ya'll first - what's going on here, blogger?!
Josie says Hi!

3 comments:
Wonderful to hear from you! That photo of Josie is sooo adorable! What a happy baby.
Glad to hear you'll get to ride this summer.
Josie's adorable!
That's great that you found a horse to lease and you will be able to ride with your mom!
Once you get used to the new blogger I think you will like it. I hated it at first then realized some changes make it easier for us!!
Look at that smile!! Josie is getting cuter by the day! I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well.
How exciting that you'll have a horse to ride this summer. Seems like the barn owner might enjoy having someone to exercise her horse... perhaps she'll warm up to you as time goes on.
I hated the new blogger interface for about 3 days, but now I love it.
Post a Comment