
______________________________________________________________
Aside from still drooling over gorgeous horses that are still not quite to be had by yours truly, I've been just fine. I'm still trying to get used to the new house AND pregnancy (ugh), but I know that some of these things are only temporary and I that hopefully, I will survive!
Last Saturday I spent some time at J's barn...I still try to get in my weekly horse fix. It keeps me grounded! I actually ended up lunging/lounging a little mare that I've never really worked with before. This little mare's name is Darling and she is just about the sweetest horse I've ever met. Her breeder is interested in purchasing her back for a small amount, so J asked that I try to get a video of her on my camera to e-mail to the interested party. I have to say I'm impressed with my talents...lol! This mare hasn't been lunged OR ridden in many, many years. She's pretty much a pasture pal - just like most all of J's horses at this point. Anyway, I groomed her, touched up her bridle path, hooked her up to the lunge/lounge line and had at it. She was pretty good, considering. I even managed to get some video footage of her while I lunged and clucked to keep her trotting. It seems her biggest fault is laziness. The video sounds and looks very amateurish, but hey, given the circumstances, I think I did pretty well. I still haven't uploaded the footage, but I do have a picture of Darling from last year!
Here she is:
Cute lil' thing!
After doing all of that with Darling, J showed up and boy was she crabby. I could tell she was in a mood, so I tried avoiding her, but to no avail. For several hours I sat and listened to her harrumph about her life. I don't know why I deal with it, I don't enjoy the barn nearly as much as I should be, considering I pretty much work for free, BUT I guess I just feel like I'm one of the only people she has and I do care about her...I'm just dealing with my own issues right now and frankly, I'm tired of hearing about hers. I hate to get too much into all of that, so I'll stop for now!
I hope everyone is doing well! Happy Friday!!!!
3 comments:
I'm glad things are going well for you (for the most part) and I'm glad you're still able to spend time at the barn. :)
Very cute mare and extremely handsome stallion (I'm guessing). I used to absolutely love those creatures until I fell in love with stock horses and now pretty much only have them.
Hope you have a good weekend.
Yes, he is drool-worthy! So expressive!
How are you, JJ? I've missed hearing from you.
Post a Comment