Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Better Option?

As I've mentioned before in earlier posts, I am seriously considering the purchase of a horse come Spring. Initially I was under the impression that with my tight budget, I wasn't going to be able to get much. I figured it would be a young horse untrained, or a trail quality horse that I wouldn't be able to show. Well, I posted a request on one of my favorite Morgan Horse websites and the response was overwhelming. My budget (or goal) is to spend less than $2,000.00 on a horse. Well, here is one that I am very seriously considering....
She's an 8 year old Morgan Mare, 15'1" hands. Her owner sadly suffered a stroke severe enough to limit his horse time, so he and his friend have made the heart breaking decision to sell her. Addy (the horse) is broke to ride and drive, has been lightly shown and has spent her last year in a pasture. Because the horse market is so dire right now and the need to downsize like, NOW, they are selling her for a ridiculous sum...a sum so low, well, it makes me wonder what's the catch. No matter though, I spoke with her owner and have made tentative plans to go see her after the holidays. If she has sold by then, it just wasn't meant to be I guess. Isn't she cute?





2 comments:

Amber said...

She looks like a nice horse. It is sad when events such as that happen. Maybe it will work to help you though!

I think you will know for sure once you ride her if she is right for you or not, hopefully she is still for sale. I know what you mean though, it seems as though there should be a catch.

I am helping some friends of ours look for a horse. We have a similar budget, but I am looking for a stock type horse, a paint or a quarter horse specifically, but I need to find one "kid safe".

Good Luck on your horse search!

Flying Lily said...

She's beautiful. I hope this works out and if not, I do know this is a great time to be horse shopping.